FULL OFFICIAL RULES
$15,000 Home Makeover
Sponsored by Yankee Home Improvement
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO ELIGIBLE RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND RESIDING IN THE YANKEE HOME IMPROVEMENT SERVICE AREA. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Promotional Period: The $15,000 Home Makeover (the “Promotion”) is one sweepstakes period: commencing at 12:00:01AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on July 1, 2016 and ending at 11:59:59PM EST on June 31, 2017 and shall be referred to as the “Promotion Period”. These Official Rules shall serve as the official rules for the Promotion Period. All Promotion entries must be received prior to the end time and date specified for the Promotion Period stated above. If an entry is submitted past the expiration of the Promotion Period, then the entry will not be accepted. The Promotion consists of a Grand Prize Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). The Grand Prize Sweepstakes will be awarded at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. A promotional day (“day”) as defined in these official rules is from 12:00:01AM EST to 11:59:59PM EST.
2. Administrator/Sponsor: The Promotion shall be administered Yankee Home Improvement, Inc. (“Administrator”) and the sponsor is Yankee Home Improvement, Inc., 36 Justin Drive, Chicopee, MA 01022 (“Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the UNITED STATES currently residing in a zip code that is within the Yankee Home Improvement service area (MA,CT,RI,VT,NH), and who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees (and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of Yankee Home Improvement, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and third party fulfillment or judging agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win the Promotion.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, complete the entry form and place completed entry in the on-site entry box or give to the Yankee Home Improvement representative at the location (for Sweepstakes Entry only) or visit yankeehome.com and follow the links and instructions to complete the required registrations fields.
A. Sweepstakes Entry: Complete and submit the registration including a valid home address. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. Follow the on-screen instructions provided to: (a) register with Sponsor by completing all required fields contained on the Website (“Registration”); and (b) electronically agree to accept these Official Rules (“Rules”) (collectively, “Online Entry”). You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: Each participant may enter one (1) time each Promotional Day. Only one entry allowed per email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Grand Prize: Exactly one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in connection with the Grand Prize Sweepstakes portion of the Promotion (“Grand Prize”) during the Promotion Period. One (1) Grand Prize Winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be randomly drawn from among all eligible Entries received during that Promotion Period. Grand Prize winner will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Random drawing will be held on or about July 11, 2017.
Grand Prize includes one (1) voucher usable for Yankee Home Improvement products and accompanying installation awarded in the form of a Gift Certificate (terms and conditions apply). Approximate Retail Value: $15,000. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period will determine the odds of winning a Grand Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use of the prize.
Total ARV of all Grand Prizes to be awarded in this Promotion is $15,000.
6. Notification: Administrator decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The potential winner will be notified by mail, email or phone. The potential winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the drawing of the Promotion.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. Facebook: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to sponsor, not Facebook.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court Chicopee, Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts State Court located in Hamden County, Massachusetts; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Massachusetts.
14. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than June 30, 2017. For the Winner List, send a request with subject line: “$15,000 Home Makeover” to 36 Justin Drive, Chicopee, MA 01022.